The Importance of Acoustics in Schools
Ceilings & Interior Systems Construction Association (CISCA) offers research into relevant industry topics, such as acoustics in schools.
At MBI, we manufacture products that improve school environments for all users, especially teachers and students in the classroom.
Ready to learn more about acoustic problems in schools (reverberation, background noise, etc.) and strategies for conquering common issues?
Acoustics in Schools is a free tool for architects, interior designers, and other design professionals who work to improve school environments for all users. It is an introduction to the acoustical issues commonly confronted on school projects. Practical design responses to these issues, derived from a broad review of literature on the topic, are presented in a white paper using “practitioner-friendly” language. The following sections are included:
- WHY ACOUSTICS MATTER
- WHO BENEFITS FROM IMPROVED ACOUSTICS?
- FUNDAMENTALS OF SOUND AND ACOUSTICS
- UNDERSTANDING THE PRIMARY ACOUSTIC PROBLEMS IN SCHOOLS
- ACOUSTICAL DESIGN STRATEGIES
- COLLABORATING WITH OTHERS TO IMPROVE CLASSROOM ACOUSTICS
- MEETING THE STANDARDS
- ACOUSTICS AND INDOOR AIR QUALITY (IAQ)
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- REFERENCE CITATIONS